What is bleed?

In commercial printing, “bleed” refers to an area of the print that extends beyond the edge of the sheet before trimming. In other words, the bleed is the part of the background or design that overruns the edge of the page. The bleed zone ensures that after the printed sheet is cut down to the […]

What is a “gang-run” in printing?

Imagine you have multiple print jobs that have similar specifications, like paper size, quantity, and finishing options. Well, in the world of commercial printing, we have a nifty technique called gang-run. It’s like a smart and efficient strategy where we group together these similar print jobs and run them all at once. By doing this, […]

What is the recommended writing instrument for use on 3-part NCR forms?

When writing on 3-part NCR forms, it is recommended to use a ballpoint pen or a pen with a medium point. These types of pens provide good pressure and ink flow, ensuring clear and consistent imprints on all three parts of the form. Avoid using gel pens or markers, as they may result in smudging […]